Hollan McBride, M.A.
Social Media Marketing, Content and Engagement Strategist
Hollan has more than 15 years of experience in sustainable business strategy, leadership development, organizational learning, talent management, sales, marketing and social media networking. Hollan built her career in hospitality with extensive experience in luxury resorts and highly acclaimed hotels, spas, retailers, restaurants, and wineries.
She aspires to lead as an agent of social change especially in the areas of sustainability, social and environmental justice, and corporate social responsibility.
Several companies recruited Hollan as part of their startup, grand opening or business expansion teams: one honored her as the “Most Inspirational Manager of the Year.” She moved to San Diego to earn her master’s degree in organizational behavior. Shortly thereafter, Hollan founded Blazon Laurels to educate leaders, build honorable reputations and publicly recognize hospitality global businesses “doing well AND doing good.” She developed a network of over 5,000 followers via public speaking engagements and social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram) promoting niche concepts like eco-leisure, sustainable dining, and green shopping. Currently, blogging and utilizing social media forums to promote conscious consumerism and value-based business strategy.
- Organizational Behavior master’s degree with emphasis in organizational psychology, Alliant International University
- GRI Sustainability Reporting Certification, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) / ISOS Group
- Sustainable Destination Committee, San Diego Chapter, US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- “Art of Leadership” graduate, Rockwood Leadership Institute
- “Awakening The Leader” workshop facilitator, Pachamama Alliance
- Mediations and Conflict Resolution Apprentice Program, National Conflict Resolution Center
- Chapter Co-Leader, Kids for Peace
Let’s connect on LinkedIn
2013 NAWBO Bravo! Awards, Green Community Award Nominee