"I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way."
We support Kids for Peace “Uplifting Our World through Love and Action.” With “KINDNESS MATTERS” as the guiding principle of the organization, their programs emphasize youth leadership, cross-cultural experiences, arts, service and caring for our earth in over 100 chapters worldwide.
Blazon Laurels supports Kids for Peace in the following ways:
- As an official partner of The Great Kindness Challenge (a Kids for Peace initiative). Both global and school editions are offered in eleven languages.
- Support and run the “Kids for Peace and Kindness-San Diego” Chapter since 2010.
- Sponsor the Rafiki Amani Project by providing financial support for several students educational needs at the Shiner’s GE Kids for Peace School in Kenya.
- Donated to the Buck$ for Beds program that provides bunk beds for children at the Fiwagoh orphanage in Kenya.
- Collected items and assembled Peace Packs for deserving children Jamaica, India and Thailand.
- Focused on the Planet Earth Project with butterfly habitat gardening project and several beach clean-ups.
- Offer public speaking engagements for community organizations who would like to know more about Kids for Peace. Soroptimists International of Rancho Bernardo graciously hosted a fundraising luncheon for our chapter after a presentation to their chapter.
- Members of the inaugural Washington DC Peace Pledge Tour.
This series of scenic photos were generously provided by PHOTOGRAPHY DUCOEUR.