We are building global citizens for a better world and would like you to join us. The Global Citizen Business Certification is aligned with our mission to educate leaders in the practice of sustainability, build honorable reputations and publicly recognize hospitality global businesses “doing well AND doing good.” In accordance with widely heralded global sustainability principles and practices, we have established two levels of certification: 1) Golden Global Citizen; and 2) Platinum Global Citizen. The application and approval process is made-easy for you! Both levels of certification offer robust benefits.
We offer basic guidance to help you and your team pass the criteria for the initial certification. If additional assistance is needed for your sustainability success, we also provide experienced facilitation and training services to enhance a successful and respectful exchange of ideas that will lead to aligned goals, scheduled implementation, accountability and sustainable high-impact results.
Ten areas reviewed in certification process:
7) Supply Chain Management
8) Quality of Service
9) Luxury Distinction
GOLDEN GLOBAL CITIZEN
All companies striving to become Global Citizens must begin with a single step. Then, strive for continuous improvement. Benchmarking is essential as part of this process and can be done easily with this application. Businesses must achieve 70 points or above to qualify to be certified as a Golden Global Citizen. The following benefits will be offered to all qualified hospitality businesses who choose to become certified as Golden Global Citizens through Blazon Laurels:
- Framed certificate to prominently display in your establishment.
- Global Citizen seal stickers for windows.
- Dynamic and eye-catching seal you may proudly display on your web site.
- Listed in on-line directory.
- Highlighted in Blog and Newsletter.
- Choose Featured Product or Featured Place promotion on web site.
- Social media posts highlighting your business successes on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.
- Galleria of Distinction promotion picture highlighting your business certification milestone.
- Lifetime Membership for all employees to Global Citizenship Club.
- Special invitation to once a year gathering and fundraising event, “Global Citizen Legacy Awards Ceremony.”
- Private Facebook and LinkedIn Groups for collaboration and inspiration.
- On all Blazon Laurels services and products.
- On renewal of annual certification fee.
- Option to offer discounts to other members in Featured Products or Featured Places.
- $25 Kiva.org micro-loan in your business name.
- Eligibility to nominate and vote on Global Citizen Legacy Awards.
PLATINUM GLOBAL CITIZEN
This is the highest level of distinction a hospitality business can strive to achieve. Businesses must earn 90 points or above to qualify to be certified as a Golden Global Citizen. Other international certifications are recognized and weighted heavily as part of Platinum Global Citizen level of certification. All benefits mentioned above for Golden Global Citizen apply to Platinum Global Citizen plus the following:
- Secret shopping audit with feedback to use as tool to improve sustainability efforts or offer recognition.
- Highlight article in Tribute Circle for company.
- May qualify for Platinum Legacy Circle.
- Vlog interview.
- Opportunity to speak at Lunch and Learn or Fireside Chat.
- Special invite to join Legacy Chat conversations with other Platinum Level members.
The cost structure is designed to meet SME and large companies budgets. Also, if you would like to be considered for certification in more than one category, there are discounts offered per location. Categories are: Hotels; Restaurants; Retailers; Spas; and Wineries. Also, annual renewal membership fees are minimal to encourage building a more robust network of Global Citizens!
2013 COSTS OF CERTIFICATION
- Small-sized companies = Less than 10 employees
- Medium-sized companies = 10 – 500 employees
- Large-sized companies = More than 500 employees
1 category – $150 US dollar | $100 renewal
2-3 categories – $250 US dollar | $150 renewal
4-5 categories – $500 US dollar | $250 renewal
1 category – $250 US dollar | $150 renewal
2-3 categories – $400 US dollar | $200 renewal
4-5 categories – $800 US dollar | $500 renewal
1 category – $500 US dollar | $250 renewal
2-3 categories – $800 US dollar | $500 renewal
4-5 categories – $1500 US dollar | $1000 renewal
1 category – $300 US dollar | $200 renewal
2-3 categories – $500 US dollar | $300 renewal
4-5 categories – $1000 US dollar | $500 renewal
1 category – $500 US dollar | $300 renewal
2-3 categories – $800 US dollar |$400 renewal
4-5 categories – $1600 US dollar | $1000 renewal
1 category – $1000 US dollar | $500 renewal
2-3 categories – $1600 US dollar | $1000 renewal
4-5 categories – $3000 US dollar | $2000 renewal