Set the example for your colleagues and industry with innovative and transformational leadership skills. Create your legacy to benefit future generations by taking the first step to building a sustainable business.
The Global Citizen Business Certification
Perhaps, it’s time for you to take the initiative to become certified in The Global Citizen Business Program.
Ten areas reviewed in certification process:
7) Supply Chain Management
8) Quality of Service
9) Luxury DistinctionREGISTER FOR BLOG
Read More »
What kind of world would you like to leave our future generations?
Your children and their children …
What can you do to make a difference?
Please spend two minutes with Julia Butterfly Hill, Author and Activist, watching this video.Read More »
Hire right, manage for strengths, build trust, invest in your employees development and coach with compassion. Celebrate diversity, talents and contributions. Manage with intention, not on a whim.
Build a shared vision for a better world with your GREEN TEAM.
Hospitality Audit Programs
Perhaps, it’s the time to begin your GREEN TEAM and make a positive impact on your company culture? Focus on low hanging fruit. Small investment with huge payoffs.
Your team can start easily and seamlessly improve by choosing from these four audit programs:
1) Energy, Water and Waste Management Efficiency
2) Landscape Optimization
3) Employee Engagement
4) Financial FinesseREGISTER FOR BLOG Read More »
Las Vegas is GREEN. Amazing but true.
I lived in Las Vegas for five years and never heard a word about sustainability in the 1990′s. However, I was always impressed and inspired with the innovative business practices of my employer, the Wynn properties (including Bellagio, The Mirage, Treasure Island and Golden Nuggets). I often wonder, if I still lived in Vegas, whether I’d be working for Zappos.com. Either way, it’s wonderful to know that even sin-city who thrives in lights, action and over-consumption is taking steps to ‘do good and do well.”
I am inspired to share this article I read this morning from Smart Planet, “Verde Las Vegas?” by Mary Catherine O’Connor. Ironically, I’m now in Las Vega$. Apropos. as we’ll be visiting the revamped downtown today.
Progress in Las Vegas
The following stats were excerpted from this inspiring Smart Planet article:
- Reduced its energy consumption by 22 percent since 2010.
- 8 percent of electricity comes from solar panels with plans to gain another 13 percent of energy from solar.
- Local government is prioritizing walkable communities.
- Waste oil from kitchens serving the nearly 40 million annual visitors is collected and used to help power city busses, running on biodiesel.
- Caesars has reduced its landfill contribution by 25 percent by managing their own recycling facilities.
- Water consumption has reduced about 40 percent since 1989, despite the city’s significant growth.
Looking forward to seeing more
Kudos to Las Vegas. Hoping they will inspire more cities to make positive changes for our future and prosperity for all.REGISTER FOR BLOG Read More »
What is important is that we are aware of our responsibility as global citizens to uphold values of social and environmental justice.
What role are you and your organization playing as global citizens? Would you like to contribute more?
Perhaps, it’s time for your team to participate in The Global Citizenship Experience?REGISTER FOR BLOG Read More »